Being a former professional athlete myself, many athletes come to me for help — with their training, Mental Game, career advancement, and their transition to the next phase of their lives. I’ve written a ton of stuff about playing professional basketball, from exposure camps to agents to money to my own personal experiences. Here, you’ll find all the material you need when it comes to a professional sports career.
Use me as a source for all the above, and everything else I share on the page. I’d suggest you bookmark this page and share it with your athlete friends, players, children and teammates.
Get Paid To Play Basketball
i'll share the Information i've learned in my own career for you to start yours
- What To Do If Your Parents Don’t Support Your Basketball Dreams
- VIDEO: Getting Your Parents’ Support For Basketball in 4 Steps: A How-To Guide & Script
- VIDEO: When Parents & Family Don’t Support Your Goals
- For PARENTS: Helping Your Child Reach His/Her Potential Or Otherwise Advancing In Sports/Basketball
- VIDEO For Parents: Want Your Child To Play Better? Follow My Advice
- Common Player Issues, Answered
- You Really Want to Play Basketball, But Need Motivation To Play? This is Especially For You
- You’re a Passionate, Hard Worker? Just Need A Opportunity? Read This.
- Is Making It In Basketball Hard? YES.
- How Hard Is It To “Make It” In Basketball?
- The Basketball Player’s 5 Natural Physical Advantages / Talents
- How To Know You’re A Good Basketball Player
- VIDEO: Is “Making It” In Basketball Hard?
- POD: When Is It Time To Give It Up?
- VIDEO: What Age Is “Too Late” In Basketball?
- VIDEO: How To Be a “Good” Basketball Player?
- You’re Tall And Black — You Play Basketball?
- The Blocked Shots Story: Who did you beat to get here?
- The Pickup Basketball Gym Story: Own Your Backyard
- VIDEO Story: 4 Years Of High School Basketball Tryouts
Basketball Training, Workouts & Injuries
- HoopHandbook Signature Manuals
- Program: Ultimate Athlete
- Program: Position of Power
- Basketball Injury: How To Deal With And Prevent It
- Yoga/Pilates for Basketball Players — Worth It?
- How To Grow Taller
- Playing Injured vs. Playing Hurt
- If I Bulk Up/Gain Weight, How Will It Affect My Game?
- How Many Hours Of Training To Make Money Playing Basketball?
- How Do I Fix My Jumpshot for Basketball?
Eating, Nutrition & Diet
- What Coaches Look For At Tryouts
- How To Get Recruited by Colleges
- What Coaches Look For At Tryouts
- One Way to Deal With Tryout Nervousness
- “Here Are My Circumstances/Limitations That I Use As Excuses. What Should I Do? Help Me!”
- Basketball Tryouts: How to Know Your Chances Of Making The Team
- VIDEO: The “Basketball Tryouts Tips” Video To End All Tryout Tips Videos
- VIDEO: The 4 Things Basketball Coaches Look For At Tryouts & What To Expect
- VIDEO: Tryouts Coming Up? Here’s all You Need
- VIDEO: 5 Tips For Making The Basketball Team In High School and College
- VIDEO: How To Make The Basketball Team – THE 3 Tips You Must Follow
- VIDEO: Cut From The Basketball Team? I Made This For YOU
- What To Expect At Your First Basketball Tryout
Basketball On-Court Issues
- What To Do When You’re Not Getting The Proper Playing Time
- Playing Time Issues: Here’s Why You Don’t Get In The Games
- Playing Scared/Dealing With Fear During Games
- How To Play As Well As You Practice
- Performance Anxiety & Pre-Performance Pressure
- What If My Teammates Think I’m a Ball Hog Or Cocky?
- Why Your Teammates Don’t Pass You The Ball
- You Want to Play Guard, But Are Stuck In The Post/Paint
- 3 Reasons Why I Averaged 2 Points Per Game As A High School Senior
- Dominate In Practice, But Freeze Up During Games? Read This
- How To Feel Less Pressure Before A Performancep
High School & College Basketball
- How To Walk On To An NCAA / College Basketball Team
- Want to Be A College Basketball Walk-On? Here’s The Mentality You Need
- Balancing School with Sports
- I’m In High School — How Can I Go Overseas Without Playing Basketball in College?
- How To Get College Basketball Coaches To Notice You If You’re Not Playing Much
- When & How Should A High School Player Contact College Coaches?
- What Age is “Too Late” To Try Out For College or Pro Basketball?
- No One Over Your Shoulder: In College, Self-Discipline Will Make Or Break You
- You Are Not The Star: In College Basketball, The Coach Has The Power. Respect It
- Getting Into An NCAA Basketball Program From Outside of The USA
- Haven’t Gotten A Scholarship Offer Yet?
- High School Player Aiming for Pro Basketball? What You Are [Really] Up Against
- Seeking A Scholarship: Some Tips
- Older Player Wanting to Play College Basketball? Here’s Your Guide
Professional / Overseas Basketball
This category has so many pieces to it, I broke it down into sub-groups. Let me know if there’s a question I haven’t answered in the below content. Join my email list at the top of this page to receive my [EXCLUSIVE] email messages on Pro Basketball.
Basics For Professional Basketball, Overseas or Anywhere Else
- Book: The Overseas Basketball Blueprint (Amazon/Kindle | iTunes/iBooks)
- You Want A Career In Pro Basketball/ Overseas? Read This
- How Overseas Basketball Works: A Detailed Guide For Unknowing Players & Casual Fans
- Professional Basketball FAQ
- How Good Do You Have To Be To Play Overseas/Professionally?
- “I Want To Play Overseas / In The NCAA… But I Don’t Know Where to Begin! Help!!”
- What Exactly Makes A “Professional”?
- How To Play Basketball Overseas From NCAA D2 or D3 School
- Overseas Basketball Players: You Must “Solve The Problems”
- Want To Be a Professional Athlete? Here Are The Factors Affecting Your Odds Of Success
- All Videos On Overseas & Professional Basketball
Money, Agents & Business in Professional Basketball
- Overseas Basketball Agents: 8 Things Players Should Know
- Overseas Basketball And Money: What You Should Know
- How To Find An Agent For Playing Overseas Basketball
- 7 Ways To Make Money In Basketball Outside of Playing, Coaching or Training
- Should You Pay Any Fees Before An Overseas Tryout?
- Why A Basketball Agent Doesn’t Need You
- Shady Overseas Basketball Agents, Flights and Fees: What You Should Know
- How To Get Pro Basketball Decision Makers To Open (And Respond To) Your Emails
- Overseas Basketball Is A Shady Industry [Sometimes]
- Is Your Basketball Agent Actually Working For You? What You Can Do For Yourself
Pro & Overseas Basketball Exposure Camps, Showcases and Combines
- How To Try Out For The NBA G-League: A Can’t Miss, Step-by-Step Guide
- Questions About G-League Tryout? Answered Here
- Choosing The Right Pro Exposure Camp or Combine
- What I Know About Pro Camps
- EuroProBasket: An Overseas Basketball Academy
- Professional Basketball Camp Reviews (Of Camps I’ve Been To)
- Your First Pro/Overseas Basketball Camp: What to Expect & My Advice
- VIDEO: G-League Local Tryout – Everything That Happens
- A G-League Local Tryout: NOT The Best Investment For Your Basketball Career
Other Pro Basketball Topics
- Aint No Favors In The Pro Basketball Game
- 10-Step Plan: How I Would Play Basketball Overseas If Starting Today
- How to Make Your Pro Basketball Comeback
- Lack of Results Does NOT = Lack of Information
- What LaMelo Ball and LiAngelo Should Expect In Lithuania With A No-English Coach
- The Germany Story: How To Get Lucky And Make Anything Happen
- An Overseas Basketball Team Made An Offer — Do I Pay For My Flight?
- Want to Play College / Pro Basketball But Need Game Film? Here’s What You Do
- Want To Take A Last Shot At Pro Basketball? What You Need To Consider
- Why Every Athlete Needs Non-Athlete Skills For The Rest of Life
- 5 Ideas to Get Yourself Seen for Professional Basketball
- 13 Harsh-Ass Realities Of Pursuing A Basketball Career
Personal Pro Basketball Stuff
- First-Person Write-Ups Of My Own Experiences
- How I Got My First Overseas Basketball Job Contract: A 9-Step Plan
- Working a 9-5 While Preparing to Play Pro/Overseas
- Do Not Give Money To Scam Artist John Jordan to Play Overseas. Ever.
- Pro Basketball Player Myths, Debunked
- Some NBA Players I’ve Played With And Against
Podcast Episodes You’ll Need
My Work On Your Game Podcast is daily — yes, EVERY DAY — and it focuses on the Mental Game from every angle as I am the #1 Mental Game teacher alive. Below are select chosen episodes that are most important for athletes. I’d suggest you peruse the full archive and see what all you’ve missed, and subscribe to the show:
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe via SoundCloud
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Sticther
- Subscribe via Overcast
Competition & Discipline
Life After Sports
I’ve recorded over 7,000 videos since 2005; I wont put all of them here. Below you’ll find some of my most important video for athletes on various subjects. See my YouTube channel for more.