They ended up starting the workout early, actually, as the entire thing got spilt into two groups — my group went first — of 40 players apiece for about 3 hours of work.
ready to live your dreams?
you've played this game all your life. it's time you get paid to do it. get my exclusive video on getting an agent to start making it happen.
The tryout’s contents:
- Dynamic warmup led by team’s trainer (15 minutes)
- 3-man weave drill with 5 passes, 4 passes, 3 passes as prescribed by coaches (~20 minutes)
- 3-man weave drill with 3 defenders on the way back, playing live offense vs. defense (to test in-shape-ness of the defensive players — they had to sprint down to the baseline and back to defend). (~25 minutes)
- Coach demonstrates two set half-court plays, splits group into teams of five, gives us 3 minutes to practice plays (~10 minutes)
- Full court play on sideways courts (40 minutes)
- Coach installs two other plays, breaks group into teams of 10 players each. (~5 minutes)
- Full court play on main court, 5 players at a time with 5 subs entering at halfway mark (~45 minutes)
The video below explains the entire process in full.
The outcome of the tryout and subsequent Training Camp Decision: