Use me as a source for all the above, and everything else I share on the page. I’d suggest you bookmark this page and share it with your athlete friends, players, children and teammates.
- How To Contact Me
- What To Do If Your Parents Don’t Support Your Basketball Dreams
- VIDEO: Getting Your Parents’ Support For Basketball in 4 Steps: A How-To Guide & Script
- VIDEO: When Parents & Family Don’t Support Your Goals
- For PARENTS: Helping Your Child Reach His/Her Potential Or Otherwise Advancing In Sports/Basketball
- VIDEO For Parents: Want Your Child To Play Better? Follow My Advice
- Common Player Issues, Answered
- You Really Want to Play Basketball, But Need Motivation To Play? This is Especially For You
- You’re a Passionate, Hard Worker? Just Need A Opportunity? Read This.
- Is Making It In Basketball Hard? YES.
- How Hard Is It To “Make It” In Basketball?
- The Basketball Player’s 5 Natural Physical Advantages / Talents
- How To Know You’re A Good Basketball Player
- VIDEO: Is “Making It” In Basketball Hard?
- POD: When Is It Time To Give It Up?
- VIDEO: What Age Is “Too Late” In Basketball?
- VIDEO: How To Be a “Good” Basketball Player?
- The Blocked Shots Story: Who did you beat to get here?
- The Pickup Basketball Gym Story: Own Your Backyard
- VIDEO Story: 4 Years Of High School Basketball Tryouts
Basketball Training, Workouts & Injuries
- HoopHandbook Signature Manuals
- Program: Ultimate Athlete
- Program: Position of Power
- Basketball Injury: How To Deal With And Prevent It
- Yoga/Pilates for Basketball Players — Worth It?
- How To Grow Taller
- Playing Injured vs. Playing Hurt
- If I Bulk Up/Gain Weight, How Will It Affect My Game?
- How Many Hours Of Training To Make Money Playing Basketball?
- How Do I Fix My Jumpshot for Basketball?
Eating, Nutrition & Diet
- What Coaches Look For At Tryouts
- How To Get Recruited by Colleges
- What Coaches Look For At Tryouts
- One Way to Deal With Tryout Nervousness
- “Here Are My Circumstances/Limitations That I Use As Excuses. What Should I Do? Help Me!”
- Basketball Tryouts: How to Know Your Chances Of Making The Team
- VIDEO: The “Basketball Tryouts Tips” Video To End All Tryout Tips Videos
- VIDEO: The 4 Things Basketball Coaches Look For At Tryouts & What To Expect
- VIDEO: Tryouts Coming Up? Here’s all You Need
- VIDEO: 5 Tips For Making The Basketball Team In High School and College
- VIDEO: How To Make The Basketball Team – THE 3 Tips You Must Follow
- VIDEO: Cut From The Basketball Team? I Made This For YOU
- What To Expect At Your First Basketball Tryout
Basketball On-Court Issues
- What To Do When You’re Not Getting The Proper Playing Time
- Playing Time Issues: Here’s Why You Don’t Get In The Games
- Playing Scared/Dealing With Fear During Games
- How To Play As Well As You Practice
- Performance Anxiety & Pre-Performance Pressure
- What If My Teammates Think I’m a Ball Hog Or Cocky?
- Why Your Teammates Don’t Pass You The Ball
- You Want to Play Guard, But Are Stuck In The Post/Paint
- 3 Reasons Why I Averaged 2 Points Per Game As A High School Senior
- Dominate In Practice, But Freeze Up During Games? Read This
High School & College Basketball
- How To Walk On To An NCAA / College Basketball Team
- Want to Be A College Basketball Walk-On? Here’s The Mentality You Need
- Balancing School with Sports
- I’m In High School — How Can I Go Overseas Without Playing Basketball in College?
- How To Get College Basketball Coaches To Notice You If You’re Not Playing Much
- When & How Should A High School Player Contact College Coaches?
- What Age is “Too Late” To Try Out For College or Pro Basketball?
- No One Over Your Shoulder: In College, Self-Discipline Will Make Or Break You
- You Are Not The Star: In College Basketball, The Coach Has The Power. Respect It
- Getting Into An NCAA Basketball Program From Outside of The USA
- Haven’t Gotten A Scholarship Offer Yet?
- High School Player Aiming for Pro Basketball? What You Are [Really] Up Against
- Seeking A Scholarship: Some Tips
Professional / Overseas Basketball
This category has so many pieces to it, I broke it down into sub-groups. Let me know if there’s a question I haven’t answered in the below content. Join my email list at the top of this page to receive my [EXCLUSIVE] email messages on Pro Basketball.
Basics For Professional Basketball, Overseas or Anywhere Else
- Book: The Overseas Basketball Blueprint (Amazon/Kindle | iTunes/iBooks)
- You Want A Career In Pro Basketball/ Overseas? Read This
- How Overseas Basketball Works: A Detailed Guide For Unknowing Players & Casual Fans
- Professional Basketball FAQ [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- How Good Do You Have To Be To Play Overseas/Professionally?
- “I Want To Play Overseas / In The NCAA… But I Don’t Know Where to Begin! Help!!”
- What Exactly Makes A “Professional”? [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- How To Play Basketball Overseas From NCAA D2 or D3 School
- Overseas Basketball Players: You Must “Solve The Problems”
Money, Agents & Business in Professional Basketball
- Overseas Basketball Agents: 8 Things Players Should Know [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Overseas Basketball And Money: What You Should Know
- How To Find An Agent For Playing Overseas Basketball
- 7 Ways To Make Money In Basketball Outside of Playing, Coaching or Training
- Should You Pay Any Fees Before An Overseas Tryout? [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Why A Basketball Agent Doesn’t Need You [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Shady Overseas Basketball Agents, Flights and Fees: What You Should Know
Pro & Overseas Basketball Exposure Camps, Showcases and Combines
- How To Try Out For The NBA G-League: A Can’t Miss, Step-by-Step Guide
- Questions About G-League Tryout? Answered Here
- Choosing The Right Pro Exposure Camp or Combine
- What I Know About Pro Camps [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- EuroProBasket: An Overseas Basketball Academy
- Professional Basketball Camp Reviews (Of Camps I’ve Been To)
- Your First Pro/Overseas Basketball Camp: What to Expect & My Advice
- VIDEO: G-League Local Tryout – Everything That Happens
Other Pro Basketball Topics
- Aint No Favors In The Pro Basketball Game
- 10-Step Plan: How I Would Play Basketball Overseas If Starting Today
- How to Make Your Pro Basketball Comeback
- Lack of Results Does NOT = Lack of Information
- What LaMelo Ball and LiAngelo Should Expect In Lithuania With A No-English Coach
- The Germany Story: How To Get Lucky And Make Anything Happen
- An Overseas Basketball Team Made An Offer — Do I Pay For My Flight? [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Want to Play College / Pro Basketball But Need Game Film? Here’s What You Do
- Want To Take A Last Shot At Pro Basketball? What You Need To Consider
Personal Pro Basketball Stuff
- First-Person Write-Ups Of My Own Experiences
- How I Got My First Overseas Basketball Job Contract: A 9-Step Plan [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Working a 9-5 While Preparing to Play Pro/Overseas [In The Overseas Basketball Blueprint]
- Do Not Give Money To Scam Artist John Jordan to Play Overseas. Ever.
- Pro Basketball Player Myths, Debunked
- Some NBA Players I’ve Played With And Against
I’ve written several books and created over 100 programs, all made for athletes to get both your Mental and Physical Games on-point, and keep them on-point.
The higher your ambitions, the more setbacks you’ll face. What’s your strategy to deal with them? What gives you hope to come back the next day?
I call it Mental Toughness. If Mental Toughness is what you need, The Mental Handbook is where you begin.
On a scale of 0-100, How much do you believe in yourself? How often do you reach 100? What’s keeping you from getting and staying there?
The Super You is You at your highest level of self-belief. You’ve been there before and know what it feels like, but you haven’t stayed there. After The Super You, you will.
There are lots of places to look for motivation these days. But you will soon need to move yourself to action and find your outside resources limited – what will you do then?
With The Mirror of Motivation, you will look within.
You become your own motivation and inspire yourself. Find the drive and extra push you want, on-call.
I get many questions from players on playing pro basketball. How to contact agents, which camps to attend, what kind of game video to obtain, how much money can you make?
The NBA has 450 job positions, while there are 10,000 players employed internationally.
The Overseas Basketball Blueprint shares exactly what you need to get one of those jobs.
Basketball Has Always Been “Positionless” — Now You Will Find And Excel In A Clear Role With A Clearly Defined Playing Style That Works On Any Team, Anywhere
Bulletproof Mindset is my signature course, covering all areas of the Mental Game, including Discipline, Confidence, Focus, Communication, Dealing With Negativity, Mental Toughness and a whole lot more.
Have you ever wished you spoke up more often? Had the courage to move on instinct instead of overthinking all the time? Actually did some of those bold ideas you have? Yes? Take ASAP Confidence and never have that problem again.
My Work On Your Game Podcast is daily — yes, EVERY DAY — and it focuses on the Mental Game from every angle as I am the #1 Mental Game teacher alive. Below are select chosen episodes that are most important for athletes. I’d suggest you peruse the full archive and see what all you’ve missed, and subscribe to the show:
Competition & Discipline
Life After Sports
Coaches, High Schools, and Universities: I am available as speaker for your team or organization talking about my sports experience and sharing what I’ve learned with the next generation of athletes. See my Keynote Speaking page for more of my topics.
Individuals: See my Events page for events of mine which you can attend solo.
Transition Game: From Professional Athlete to Business Professional
How to decide what you’re best suited for in your life’s next chapter
The 5 must-have “athletic” skills that every business values
Framing your experience: how to walk away in strength from the game with your head high
The “Best” Of Your Life: why what you’ve done to this point is just the beginning of your success story
Strength In Numbers Team Building: The Right Pieces, In All The Right Places
Setting an example for your team that not only raises their level, but which they believe they can reach and maintain
5 Skills Of The Conductor: optimum placing of people for maximum effectiveness
Multiplicity: Cultivating leaders who aim to not need you
The Process: getting your team to buy in to the steps that guarantee continuous progress
Why highly talented teams can lose and averge talent teams can win it all
The Center Of Gravity Leadership: Pulling The Team Up With You
How To Relax And Settle Your Team When Tension Is Thick And Stakes Are High
Starting With #1: Leading Yourself First, Drawing Your Followers
The Bugle Boy Of Success: Steel Your Mind For Victory
“I Got This:” Flexing Your Decision-Making Muscle When It’s Most Needed
Motivation Is For Amateurs: What REALLY Drives Those Who Always Get It Done
How To Be A True Professional And Not A Bench-Warmer Or Practice Player
Drawing On Inspiration The Very Moment You Need It
Discipline Cleaning Up The Dirty Word That Makes A Pro A Pro
Motivation: Why Amateurs Depend On It And Remain Amateurs