Strategy: A plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
I have been on too many dates. With women whom I knew within 15 minutes would never be my wife or even my girlfriend.
Once Twice I met girls who did not have profile photos and I was not savvy enough to demand a photo be sent before conversing. Both situations taught me, very strongly, why a photo is a must. Mind you, this was 2004-06, when my cell phone charged me $0.25 for every photo sent or received. One Some did not look as good in person as they did in their online dating profiles.
When you’re dating, you’re trying things out. See who you like. Seeing what people like or don’t like about you. Dabbing in this and that. You’re always free to move on or not answer certain calls anymore, and it’s all part of the game.
I’ve never been married. But I’ll speak from what I’ve observed and heard.
Getting married is a lifelong commitment and partnership. There’s a vision of doing everything together. Growing, failing and picking each other up. You can’t just walk away, even when walking away seems to be the easiest option. You’re in, like it or not.
Treat your strategies like dating:
- Examine strategies before beginning to see that you’re interested. Maybe even have some light conversation.
- Meet for coffee for 15 minutes and decide from there if both parties want more of this. No hard feelings if either’s answer is no.
- As soon as you notice something that makes it unworkable, get out of there ASAP.
Your visions are like getting married:
- You and your significant other are one and the same.
- You and your partner are all the way in, for the long run of life. Even on the bad days.
- Get help and counseling if need be. Whatever it takes to make it work.
- Depending on how deep your love for said vision, you may even produce or inspire others into having a similar makeup.