If your inbound —
- Calls from prospective clients
- Teams interested in you playing for them
- Media wanting to talk to you
- Inbox messages and DM awaiting reply
— isn’t as active as you’d like it to be, check your outbound.
- How many people are you calling yourself to turn them into prospects?
- Is your offer compelling enough to induce action?
- How much are you improving your game to make it recruitment-worthy?
- How much recruiting are you doing — as opposed to waiting for it to come to you?
- Are you selling yourself to media to make them interested in what you have to say?
- How often are you following up if/when no one responds to your inquiries?
- Are you interesting enough that people want to know your perspective? Can people tell that you’re interesting, or is it a secret?
It takes a spark to start a fire.
Dre Baldwin is an author of 22 books and 9-year professional basketball player who is a certified pioneer in both personal branding and content publishing — with over 13,142 pieces of published content to date. Dre’s latest book is Work On Your Game: Using The Pro Athlete Mindset To Dominate Your Game In Business, Sports and Life. Dre teaches how the Discipline, Confidence and Mental Toughness that made him a professional athlete applies both to the business world and everyday life.