If your inbound —
- Calls from prospective clients
- Teams interested in you playing for them
- Media wanting to talk to you
- Inbox messages and DM awaiting reply
— isn’t as active as you’d like it to be, check your outbound.
- How many people are you calling yourself to turn them into prospects?
- Is your offer compelling enough to induce action?
- How much are you improving your game to make it recruitment-worthy?
- How much recruiting are you doing — as opposed to waiting for it to come to you?
- Are you selling yourself to media to make them interested in what you have to say?
- How often are you following up if/when no one responds to your inquiries?
- Are you interesting enough that people want to know your perspective? Can people tell that you’re interesting, or is it a secret?
It takes a spark to start a fire.