If you’re like most of the people who read, watch or listen to me, you’re ambitious, goal-oriented and looking for the next edge that will take you to your next level. You may be an athlete, entrepreneur, business professional or student looking to find your calling and answer it. Either way, you recognize the power your Mental Game has over everything you accomplish, and you’re well aware of the value of Working On Your Game.
There’s just one problem: No matter how much information you take in – in the form of books, podcasts, blogs, videos – you keep running into the same challenges. And I’m glad you’re here, because I have a lot to share with you.
Do you deal with any of the following?
- Raising your mental level on call when you need it
- Consistency of discipline & mental toughness
- Making your best mindset stick and become part of your daily being
I know how you feel. I’ve been this person and know how frustrating it is. I remember those days when I was ON FIRE and wondered, how can I bottle this energy up and sip just a little bit from it every day?! Compare that to the days where I felt powerless, uninspired and frustrated and couldn’t get anything done. I never could predict, day by day or week by week, which ME would show up.
As a professional athlete then and an entrepreneur now, my mindset is super-important to the level at which I do my work. And my results then were as up-and-down as my mental game.
As a person who has always had to earn his opportunities and successes in life, I knew this inconsistency wasn’t sustainable. And the answer wasn’t to just “fight through it.” The answer was to get intentional and strategic about the way I thought – about my circumstances, my relationships, my business, and especially about myself.
If you think anything like I think, you know what I did. I took action. I start looking at what was working for the people who already had what I wanted, in every area of life. Then I tried it on myself. I kept what worked and threw away what didn’t.
The result is my philosophy of Work On Your Game.
How To Use This Website
In addition to sharing things about myself – my basketball career, books I read, event I’m doing – I write. And I write a lot. The topics I write about are probably the same topics you’re looking to create more success in. Here are some of my most popular posts by category:
A Lot Of Dre Stuff
Recommended Reading List | FAQ | Tools I Use | My Books | TED Talks | Basketball | Announcements | Media Appearances (as we update that, here are more press pieces) | Audios | Books | Events | Links | Photos | Questions | Quotes | Slides | Snippets | Tips | Videos | Leave A Testimonial | #WOYG Music Playlist
- You Aren’t Even A Fan Of Yourself
- Heat Monster: You Want The Attention? Be Careful What You Ask For
- Mr. Big Stuff: Who DO You Think You Are?
- You’re Not?: How You’re Holding Yourself Back
- The Benefits Of Humility: You Must Be Your First Fan
- You Want A Career In Pro Basketball/ Overseas? Read This
- Playing Scared/Dealing With Fear During Games
- 3 Reasons Why I Averaged 2 Points Per Game As A High School Senior
- Why Your Teammates Don’t Pass You The Ball
- What Coaches Look For At Tryouts
- When & How Should A High School Player Contact College Coaches?
- TMC: You Are In A Marathon. Play For The Future
- You Got It: You Are Fully Equipped To Handle Everything
- Happiness Is A Skill: Choose Your Feelings
- How To Deal With Unmotivated People
- “You Really Should Be More Humble.”
- Unapologetic: You Meant To Do It, Don’t Be Sorry Now
- Self-Made Stop Signs: How You’re Getting In Your Own Way
- Through The Bones
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Why Don’t You Just Focus On One Thing?
- Attention Is The Only Asset: When You Have It From People, Make It Count
- Distance: Considering How Far You’ve Come
- You Can’t Build A House By Yourself
- Hard Work Is Not A Marketing Scheme: You’re Supposed To Do That
- Stop Devaluing Yourself: Keep Comparing, You’ll Always Eventually Lose
You can browse my full Archives here.
Online Programs, Books, And Working With Me
I have shared more content over the last 10 years than any human in existence. That said, the content on my YouTube Channel, Podcast and Blog will always be free. For those looking to take thing to the next level, I have you covered:
- Training Programs For Basketball Players
- Online Courses For Mindset, Confidence, Business, And More
- My Books Are On Amazon And iBooks
- Interested In Having Me As A Speaker?
- Working With Me As A Coach Or Consultant
How To Stay Updated
Aside form visiting my site often (which you should do, if you know what I know), you can subscribe to my posts via RSS here. To receive periodic updates from me – such as a weekly snapshot of what I’ve posted – and to get my first book Buy A Game completely FREE, join my email list here.