A question I answered on Quora: What’s the best way to get a high end sponsor for a men’s oriented podcast?
- Create a media kit for your show with all the necessary info: Title, theme, demographics, listener stats, listener feedback (grab screen shots of reviews from Apple Podcasts app), what kind of sponsors would be best for the show, what sponsors get, cost of sponsorship (money, products, both?)
- Get your listens up with good content, get your show ranked in its category on Apple, and wait for sponsors to come to you. I’m not a fan of “wait until things come to you,” so…
- Go to the sponsors yourself and sell them on sponsorship. Any company has a website and contact info — go to work finding the key people and sell!
- Get other low- or medium-end sponsors, which may increase visibility and/or get the attention of larger, high-end prospects for sponsorship.
- Eschew sponsorships and start a Patreon page, allowing your fans to support the show financially. And you could still add sponsors over time if you wish; if your show is good they will come calling eventually.